Go from wishlist to implementation in less than 6 weeks!
This Bootcamp’s goal is to help your shelter team review current best practices and innovations in the Behavior, Training and Enrichment (BTE) space, then assess your own operations and programs and begin implementing changes to level up what you are doing and how you are doing it.
This immersive and coach-guided course will do more than help you identify new ways to improve animal welfare and wellness. It will also get you started making those improvements in less than 2 months (and your coaches will continue to support you on an ongoing basis once Bootcamp is over).
In this course, Cynthia Delany, DVM, KPA-CPT, our Director of Online Learning for Maddie’s® Million Pet Challenge and other leading behavior, training, enrichment experts will guide you through:
- Mitigating fear, anxiety, and stress in the shelter
- Humane handling
- Staff and volunteer training
- Welfare maximizing housing, enrichment programs, and playgroups
- Pathway planning, animal assessment, and decision-making
- Training and behavior modification to improve outcomes
- Post-adoption support
- Evaluating your own facilities and identifying gaps in programming, policy, and practice.
- Securing funding
This course is funded wholly by the John T. and Jane A. Wiederhold Foundation.
Seats are limited for each cohort. Read more about it and sign up for the waiting list at our ShelterMedPortal Learniverse.